This reminded me of when I went to elementary school.
We had the best crossing guard ever, and his name was Mike. Through all the years, he was always there to cross us, and we got to know him better and to develop a real friendship with him as time went on. If it was Sydnee and I, Alysha and I, or me walking with the Piehl's, Mike was always there, and always smiled hello, and sometimes I stayed and talked. When I walked to school in the morning, Mike was there. Mike was nearby when my first legitimate relationship started to bloom, and I remember how hard it was to tell him I was moving away.
Sometimes, I happen to drive by that intersection near my old home. It's been a very long time since I've seen Mike there. We used to catch up a little while my parents pretended they had something to do in the area. But lately, he hasn't been there.
I never realized how much I was going to miss seeing him single morning and every single afternoon. I never realized that he would have such an impact. I guess that's just what the little things do, they make the biggest impact on you forever.


1 comment:
Did you just title this after a Panic! At the Disco song?
Post a Comment