Even though I really don't like this picture, it really represents summertime. I took it last June. Was it really that long ago?School is FINALLY out! All of these stupid teachers are FINALLY gone forever! High School is JUST around the corner! JMMS is FINALLY out of my life! Well, sort of.
I have a lot of things planned for the summer. Things I have done last year, and things I have not. I have two lawn cutting jobs, and now I am very busy with my site, and such. Just like last summer, I'm taking computer classes at Madison (hence the well, sort of) with my friend Lashia. Last year it was extremely fun, and I'm hoping Mr. Zabel still teaches it. He's so much fun, and made the class how it is for the past two years of me taking the class. And this summer, I am signed up for private band lessons at the Lawrence Academy of Music every Tuesday at 1:15. I'm half half about this, though. I sort of DO want to do this, for the sake of my trumpeting career, but then again more and more time to myself and my friends and to the enjoyment of summer is getting shoved to the side, eh. I think and hope that I'll have plenty of time to be with my friends this summer. I plan to spend much of my time with my friends, burning away in the endless sunlight. I hope this happens.
Today was the last day of school. It ended at 10:37. We played Shelby's 'weird questions' game for the first hour where we have to share weird facts about us and try to win the card. It's like apples to apples, only with weird questions instead. We signed yearbooks outside for a hour and a half, and the shock hit me when I went inside to my locker to get my sweatshirt. This was the last half hour of James Madison Middle School. After this, there's no more of the stupid middle school I hate. Our next step is the pathway to our lives. Summer would arrive in fifteen minutes. Swimming, lawn mowing, the warm sunlight for three whole months. I wanted to cry of joy. I had spent most of my time thinking of what a relief it would be to finally have all of these teachers off my back, and no more homework. It wasn't 'til then I actually realized what was ahead of me.
Summer is here, and it is about time. Thank GOD for summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment