Today actually felt like summer. I will probably think of it as the first official summer day, since it was such a perfect view of it. And here is how it went.I woke up at Brandon's from the sleepover we had, and biked home with Spencer. I took a shower, vacuumed the basement and Mitch came. We sat around bored for about an hour and then finally continued on to calling a thousand people, only to getting most answering machines. Then our friend, Alison, called us back, and so did Brandon. So we picked up Brandon and went to Alison's house, where we jumped on her trampoline while a sprinkler was running beneath it. We also preceded to dowse the trampoline in a gallon of shampoo without stopping. It was a gooey, wet, slippery mess, and we loved every minute of it.
Koller also called us back after the whole trampoline phase, and Alison had to leave, so me, Brandon and Mitch continued on to Koller's. Kendelle was there and basically all we did was set up two fans that Hannah's parents bought and watch Beyonce music videos, while making fun of them, of course. We decided to go on to my house and have some fun there.
Brandon could not come. He was grounded since he got home a entire jaw-dropping 5 minutes late. Of course that's no surprise because of his dad and all, but still.
Me, Mitch, Hannah and Kendelle stayed in the basement for a while, basically running around, killing each other and taking pictures while doing so. Eventually, my dad set up a campfire for us and we made ashy smores while drinking KoolAid-7UP mix. When it got darker, we hunted for fireflies and caught two. (Me, Mitch and Kendelle hunting for fireflies is in the picture above. I kept yelling at Hannah for using the flash and scaring away the fireflies.) We named them Lime and Grass, since they were green. Then we let them free, and Hannah found a random toad in the neighbor's yard. Fun, you say? Yes. It was the most fun I've had yet this summer.
When they all had to leave, I sat around the fire replaying the wonderful day over and over in my head. My mom came outside at one point and I shared my day with her, too. It was truly a great day. I hope there are much more like this to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment