Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Fresh Slate

Things have taken a giant curve. A U-Turn on life's long windy road. I started high school, and it has been AMAZING. One of the best things you can experience. I don't ~hate~ any of my teachers, and my classes are fairly rough, but that is okay. You don't get better at school by just breezing through it. So far, I have an A+ in CA and Civics, and a 250% in Health. No other grades are posted. I can't even begin to explain my gratefullness to be able to attend this school. Everything is just SO much better. Since my Middle School basically sucked, I guess it wasn't hard to beat. Even the BUS people are amazing. And the other High Schoolers that used to hate us in Middle School love us now. It's so awesome. In case you were wondering, the picture above was taken after my first day of school. September 1st. I found a boatload of beads in my closet and felt the need to snap away. I blended it, and I love how it turned out. I shall now go through my schedule.
Biophysics with Mr. Wanamaker. Biology and Physics combined. Probably my hardest class. Not only does our teacher talk in super-slow mode, but everything is really boring and difficult to understand. I have troubles NOT falling asleep. Especially because it's first hour.
Civics with Mr. Leschke. Pretty deece. Except for the fact that I don't have like ANY friends in it. I guess it's for the best. I really have enjoyed Social Studies type classes my whole life, so I automatically liked this class. Our teacher is really ecstatic and everyone thinks he's funny. I don't know about him yet. We'll see.
Health with Mr. Lemons. Strange. He always talks to us about he has been diagnosed with like 50 cancers and extreme illnesses. And he also talks about his depression. I think he's a little too open with us. But his way of teaching is really good. He tells us not to feel bad for him, and keeps on ranting about his horrible past. It really is kind of irritating.
Lunch. Not very good. All my best friends have different lunches. Besides Kevin and Alex. We all sit at a table together (us three, Curtis, and a bunch of other kids that are kind of weird) and it's kind of suckish. But in so many ways it is lots better than previous lunches at old schools.
Geometry with Mr. Reichenberger. He is a good teacher, but is a bit of a pushover. He tries to impress the high-rep kids that I have in my class. Since I'm ahead a class in math, I only have 2 of my friends (Ali and Jordan) and some other freshman named Matt that is sort of nerdy, and talks to himself. The rest are sophomores. Lots of ~popular~ ones. It's funny listening to them and their drama. Especially Cami, since she doesn't get ANYTHING.
Spanish with Mrs. Plantiko. I like this class. Our teacher is really nice, and it's already fun. In a class with a bunch of dumb people that are taking Spanish for the first time. My only friends are Spencer, Kendra and Alison. I sit by this bisexual guy, named Jordan. I love listening to him talk about his bi life. It's interesting. And funny.
English with Miss Thiel. I love our teacher. She reminds me so much of my sister, and is completely laid back and nice to everyone. And behind this all, she is a rough grader. I really love this class. Having Justin, Sam, Kendelle, Liz and Michelle, my good friends, in this class makes it even better. I always look forward to it.
Band with Mrs. LaFleur. Our teacher is nuts. Hilarious nuts. SO laid back. There are a few kids from other grades that come in to help in this hour. They're weird. Hardcore band geeks, you could say. Just not like HAIGUYZ geeky. More like cool-geeky. Our music is fun to play. But like EVERY trumpet besides Gordon are cocky, annoying freaks. They really bother me. But life goes on. I hope to really go places in band.

THAT IS MY SCHEDULE. It's pretty sweet. Especially after lunch, I really look forward to my classes after lunch. I am also trying out Debate this year. Maybe I can go places there, too. I can't wait for high school to roll on. I've never actually liked school for the longest time. I'm glad I have this feeling again.

I'm not a freak at all.

No comments: