Sunday, October 4, 2009

Change in Surroundings


"Things have changed for me; but that's okay. I feel the same." -P!ATD

The first month of school has been indescribable. Sure, the homework is a little heavier than I would have wanted, and sure, there is some unwanted drama. But overall, things are amazing. And things have definitely changed for me. October is now here. September is gone. Plants are curdling and dieing, birds are flying south for the winter. Meanwhile, new friendships bloom and horizons are broadened. This excites me.

Friends.
I have most of the same friends. I don't talk to my friends that much. I'm sort of getting too old for their immaturity. I wish I could say otherwise, I can't. And I really can't stand one certain person. Which hangs out with my friend group, which makes me NOT want to hang out with them. I have been hanging out with a mixture of new people. Things are certainly shifting.

Band.
Band is exciting. It's actually a challenge, which is exactly what I need. The coming up week is homecoming: our first march! Exciting, only not really. Ha. But I like the pep band music that we have to play. It's lots of fun. And challenging.

Debate.
Yes, I joined the debate team. The past month has been an explosion of confusing words, topics, and definitions, and I have finally got them down. This weekend was our first tournament! Friday night, we left school at 2 and got home at 11. The following morning, we left East at 6AM and got home at 7PM. Kelsey and I went 5-1! I'm proud of our accomplishment. We also won a trophy (photo above)! Excitement.

♫ Obsessions.
Jeffree Star's new album, Beauty Killer, has clogged my playlists since September 22nd. I LOVE it. Don't have it? Go buy it. NOW. I'm also obsessing over SALEM. I'm waiting to order the CDs from Disaro - EXCITING. I can't wait. Music music music.

I have all As and one B+. It's really hard maintaining grades while doing all these things in school! I love high school. I don't know why anyone would be afraid to go. Like I was this summer. I'm excited to see where things go. I can't wait to live the rest of this thing we call life.

No comments: