Saturday, December 19, 2009

Indigo Blood and Lively

It seems I have fallen into a trend. Each month around this time I randomly feel like blogging. I don't know if it's just the midpoint of the month that makes me want to blog, or that something exciting always seems to be happening. It's something of the manner.
Oh cool, what's this? I did a little room re-arrange recently. I painted my walls ocean blue and Thanksgiving orange, and moved around some furniture. There's also been a remarkable change in my organization - it got worse. I'm so busy with everything that I haven't even had time to clean. Great.

State for Debate? Sucked. (I can't help but hate how State and Debate rhyme. It's annoying.) I don't really want to get into detail, except for I no longer want to be with my partner, and I absolutely hated the judges they had. They were very, very under-educated. I'll leave it at this. Yes.

I've stepped into my solo-musical project a little more. I recently got a better microphone. Does that count? That's basically all I've done. My life has been so clogged lately. This weekend was the first time I had to hang out with my friends since like...October? At the least. Mitch and Adam slept over last night, and we went Christmas shopping downtown. I got my mom and sister things I think they'll love :D! I think it's a bad idea to say them here, though. My sister might see XD! Tara, if you're reading: get excited! I really can't wait until Christmas break. (4 days.) To see my sister, to get gifts, to open my site again, to go to Nashville. Why can't it just be now?

Yes! I'm re-opening my site on Christmas - with Ricky. I can't wait! I nearly have everything finished up now. It's all good. I also have a few stylesheets that are ready, just sittin' around. It's grand. I can use them! Me and Ricky also are starting a new useless-story site after Christmas. I don't want to give too much away, just in case lurkers are seeing this. But it's gonna be awesome!


THE. FAME. MONSTER. Where it's at. I got this for Saint Nick's, and am absolutely addicted. (Grammar?) The only songs I don't ~love~ are 'Speechless' and 'Monster'. The rest are stealing my #1 spot right now. 'So Happy I Could Die' and 'Dance in the Dark' are my favorite-favorites. The SALEM CDs have sadly faded off a little. Actually, they fully wore off. But I have been listening to SALEM at an equally large amount, still. I'd die if I didn't. They recently released a song on an Adult Swim mixtape. Not their best, but I'm really proud of them. And they also released a brand new song called 'Babydaddy' on a split with this band called Tanlines. I LOVEEEE it. Auto-addicted. So, there's the answer to a possible question you may have had. 'Did you stop freaking out over music?' NO.


My Top 15 Albums of 2009 (via LastFM and my own opinion)

1: Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles
2: SALEM - FuCKU (AKA Owleyes)
3: Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster (Deluxe)
4: Jeffree Star - Beauty Killer
5: Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
6: 1-800-ZOMBIE - Holy Shit!
7: M.I.A. - Kala
8: Regina Spektor - Far
9: SALEM - Water (EP)
10: Paramore - Brand New Eyes
11: Talk to Animals/Tiger Islands - Kill Your Neighbour; Embrace Your Computer
12: M.I.A. - Arular
13: SALEM - FuCKT
14: Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions
15: Calis - Swift Movements

My Top 10 Songs of 2009 (right click to download, click to hear)

No comments: