Monday, March 1, 2010

Falling off Cliffs


This seems to be my catch phrase lately. FALL OFF A CLIFF. And it's exactly what my mind is doing.

No, no, I don't smoke and drink now. Or call anybody. It's SALEM lyrics. It's been about a year since I first discovered them, actually. I remember when they posted Frost. I also remember listening to OhK and Beverly in a mall parking lot somewhere in Illinois. Are these going to be my childhood memories? Oh god, I hope so.

I can't believe it's been so long since I got the urge to blog. It's already March 2010. I can't believe it. Everything is just rushing by. It seems like just yesterday was January.

February was the darkest, most dead month ever. Honestly, it was like a blurry fucked up clump of 28 days to me. Absolutely nothing special happened. Well, isn't that a bummer. Poor February.

I think it was mostly because I'm just sick of waking up. I'm sick of going to school, and I need a vacation more than ever. The cold days with my friendships slowly slipping out of grip isn't bring me up, either. I have spring fever.



It's nice out today. It's such a shame that I have to be stuck in here, since I have Lawrence Band tonight. Lawrence Band sucks. I'm third chair and I shouldn't be. My dad thinks I should have talked to the director. I think the director should fall off a cliff. (SEE?)

These random photo posts you are seeing are from my Flickr. I recently clumped a bunch together and posted them. I really, really like them. The icy blue one is from my weekend in Madison for Youth in Government. The best weekend ever. I met tons of new inspiring people. And one very, very special person. (WHAT.) Yeah. It was really a great time. Me, Rachael and Hannah Bourgault especially had fun. We took lots of picture with Ke$ha (garbage cans.) I will never ever forget this weekend.

Since I last 'stepped' into my music project, I have now waded into the drop-off of music oceans. I now talk to the head people in my three favorite bands. John (SALEM), Bryan (WHITE RING), and I continue to talk to Aimee (TALK TO ANIMALS). John has been really busy working on the new album, but he's so nice. Same with Bryan - I can really talk to him. Me and Aimee are each others' go-to people. She tells me lots about her life. But with the music part, I've been making all sorts of new things and sending it to random labels. They're liking what they hear, too. I'm glad. I'm glad I got into this.



This isn't from my Flickr. It just represents my desire - warmth. I love the sight of winter, but it's just too much for me to handle.

My birthday is in two weeks. I'm probably getting rocks and dirt.

Swimming for P.E. starts in two weeks, too. DO. NOT. WANT. The last thing I want is to swim in winter. My life is going to suck. Even more so when Drivers Ed. starts in April - my mom signed me up BEFORE school. But maybe it won't be so bad. It'll be spring then, at least.

After my last post, I never got to tell you what happened over break. Well, basically, it was just a series of fun filled days of me sleeping in like 52 extra hours each day and then going out with my sister to eat or something. I worked on some music, but not really. My mic was acting up in Nashville. I was introduced to the best things ever in my last days of 2009. Freaks & Geeks, and Harold & Maude. I had fun staying up late collecting memories with my sisters' family, too. (Her cats and dogs. But mostly her cats, since her dogs are insane.) My parents came, eventually, and I spent the New Year with the entire family, including Pepsi. It was exactly the kind of Christmas and New Years I wanted. Billie's mom was right.

I stole a nail from a Home Depot in Nashville. It's in my coat pocket. Whenever I feel it, I take it out and remember Nashville. And my sister. And all the fun I'll have next time I visit my sister's farm.

Hhhhhh. Spring break?

No comments: