
Then the pushing/shoving hellpit began to stir us around like witch's brew. Before we knew it, my decorated trash bag ripped off, my flip-flops ALMOST got lost in the abyss, and one actually did break for the time being - it was hard to keep track of it. After a certain amount of time, though, it got sickening, and that's when Ali and I left the traumatizing pit of hell. My friends actually had bruises on their ribs. Once we escaped, we met up with some other people we knew that went, and grabbed a FIVE DOLLAR drink. Later, towards the end of the DJing, (there were 3 different shitty DJs), we met up with the other two we went with (Billie and Hannah). Soon after, Ke$ha started.

Lights started flashing, screaming clouded the sound barrier, and Ke$ha came out with some dumb hat that was mildly cool, and belted "Blah Blah Blah" - smart move, I guess, since it would have sucked anywhere else in the setlist, since the song itself is a disaster. She moved right on to another not-so-favorite-of-mine - "Party At a Rich Dude's House" - which was impressively good, and got everyone dancing pretty quick. It was a lot better and louder in person, which I personally enjoyed.

After those two songs, Ke$ha played one of my favorites, "VIP", which is a bonus track on Animal. The mastering on the song sounded a little different and it impressed me, I wish I had the version she played live. The synths were all squiggly and really awesome, and I got lost in the beat and her oddly high-pitched voice. As the song concluded, she moved on to what was the probable highlight of the show - or one of them, at the least.

"Since it's CHRISTMAS," she yelled, "I decided I had to get you all a present!" What, Ke$ha? You do know it's August, or did you get lost in time whilst drowning in class? "Where's Santa! Santaaaaa!" A fat man in a Santa suit then walked out of nowhere. "It's Santa!" she squealed in this hilarious voice that I'll never forget, and then he presented her with a keyboard and some lingerie, I guess. She then sat down with her keyboard, and with only a pink light shining on her, she told us the next song was about a stupid loser - "Stephen". The smoky pink light shone on her as a slideshow screen slowly fell from nowhere, and she sang an auto-tuned intro to Stephen. As she performed the song, a video of her Stephen obsession, sort of like a scrapbook made into a slideshow, was shown on the screen. She then proceeded to yell, "Stephen!" mid-song. Another definite highlight of the show, that paragraph.

The pink light then turned to blue, as she got up and began to bang the intro to "Animal" on a big timpani drum. Another fantastic video of Ke$ha flying through galaxies appeared on the screen as she sang the beautiful title track that nobody really hears, but truly is good. (That was a very stupid description). She moved right into "Take it Off", telling us beforehand that it was her new single, about takin' off your clothes! I don't remember much from this song, but it was nicely performed.

"Tik Tok" came next, and even though I don't like the song so much, the performance was remarkable. The rapping she did wasn't THAT dumb, it sounded less disgusting, and after the bridge, a huge, HUGE explosion of glitter blew all over the gigantic venue, and the strobe made it look like slow-motion rain. It was crazy awesome, made the best pictures for sure. After this song, the stage was cleared, and she actually had the nerve to ask if we wanted more, after only performing a teeny 7-song show. Of course, we all screamed yes, and she told us she was about to sing a song about a creepy old man - I was not expecting this song.

"Dinosaur" began, and I was also shocked by how good she played it. It made me like the song (PUKE) a little more, actually. Mid-song, a woman (ironic?) in a dinosaur head chased Ke$ha around the stage, as she sang hilariously dumb lyrics, "I'm about to barf, seriously!" And at the catchy chorus, her and two backup dancers did a tacky dance that you might see at a football game. It was "great". Her exiting song was "Your Love Is My Drug", obviously, because she couldn't possibly consider not playing it. Duh. I also don't really remember this performance, either, which is strange.

After thinking it over, I realized that the show was actually very impressive. She was strangely really good live, almost better than the recorded songs (which aren't hard to beat, obviously). Before the show, I looked at setlists, and almost all of them are only 7 songs. We got 9 - I obviously can't be bummed out, we got really lucky. After the show, we went to get Ke$ha merch, (LOL), and Ali and I split a button pack. I now have a Ke$ha button sitting here, with nothing to do with it - but HEY. We got free tickets to see Scissor Sisters, Infected Mushroom (I don't know, either), and Mike Posner, whom we are considering going to see. I then slept at Ali's house, and we had a fun night of killing each other, eating dinner at 2AM, and sleeping uncomfortably.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to, unfortunately, forget this experience. I'm embarrassed to say that I now LIKE KE$HA. Judge me if you want. It was a really good time, and it made me want to go see more people live - so maybe, JUST MAYBE, I will. But, I better go read - school starts in 30 hours and I have about 20 hours of homework to do - this should be interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment